The Best Time to Aerate and Seed Your Lawn
Revitalize Your Lawn this Fall with Aeration Services from GREENSKEEPER
Aerating your lawn can have a big impact on the strength, growth, and appearance of your front and back yard. The grass will grow taller, stronger, and deeper with properly completed aeration. But when is it best to have your aeration service completed?
The best time for an aeration service is during the fall. During this time, your grass is growing fast, so it will benefit the most from an influx of oxygen, nutrients and water.
Aeration allows the roots of your grass to get quicker access and increased benefits from fertilizers, water, and oxygen. In addition, it increases the effectiveness and results seen from over-seeding. After a long, hot summer, fall is the perfect time to schedule your aeration and seeding service from GREENSKEEPER.
Book Your Aeration Service to Solve Your Lawn Troubles
We have covered the ‘When?’ but what about ‘Why?’
Aeration can provide the perfect solution for:
• Compacted Soil – If your property sees a lot of foot traffic or has become your children’s favorite place to play, the soil underneath the turf may become compacted, making it difficult for vital nutrients to reach the roots.
• Draining Issues – You may notice flooding after rainfall or that your lawn has taken on a ‘spongy’ feel. Discuss the signs and symptoms you have noticed with our lawn care professionals to determine if aeration may help restore the health of your grass.
• Drought Damage – Dry, brown, crunchy grass can often be salvaged with a professional aeration treatment that can revitalize grass from the roots up.
• Thatch – This layer between green grass above ground and the root system underground can cause problems if left to grow too big, unattended, for too long. Comprised of leaves, stems and roots, it can help as long as it does not exceed ½ to ¾ of an inch. Aeration can break up thatch that has become too thick and is obstructing sunlight, oxygen, fertilizer and other important factors from reaching the roots and smaller blades of grass.
• Seeding Dead Areas – Seedlings have a better chance of taking root and effectively regenerating the dead areas of your lawn if seeding is completed after aeration. Seeds can be deposited directly into the soil, instead of on top of existing turf, and will have their own space to take root.
Whether you are experiencing the concerns outlined above or have a more unique, persistent or challenging lawn care issue, GREENSKEEPER can help. We have been providing trusted and thorough lawn care services to home and business owners in Pennsylvania for more than 50 years. Turn to us for your aeration services or schedule your comprehensive seasonal lawn care treatments. From Fall Services to Winter Services , we have your grass covered at every stage of the year.Contact GREENSKEEPER at 215-938-8440 to schedule your lawn’s aeration and seeding service or to find out more about our seasonal services. You can also fill out our online form and we'll respond within the next business day to book a no-obligation appointment.